• Business Type: HOLDING FIRMS
  • Address: address--v1 3/f Certeza Building, 795 EDSABo. South Triangle, Diliman, Quezon City 1104
  • Phone Number: 925-1536

  • URL:

Company Profile

Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (LIHC) was originally incorporated on January 3, 1974 as a mining and natural resources exploration company under the name Lodestar Mining Corporation. The company was engaged in the development of several gold and chromite mining claims in Masbate, Cebu, Negros Occidental and Palawan. In October 1991, due to unsuccessful ventures in the development of mining claims, the company ceased its exploratory mining operations. In August 2000, its Board and stockholders approved the change in the company's corporate name to its present one and primary purpose from a mining company to an investment holding company. The Securities and Exchange Commission approved the changes on October 3, 2003. As an investment holding company, LIHC is evaluating various business opportunities that are viable, growing, and profitable business ventures. On September 26, 2008, the Board of LIHC authorized LIHC to enter into a Heads of Agreement with Abacus Consolidated Resources and Holdings, Inc. and MUSX Corporation (MUSX) for the joint acquisition by LIHC and MUSX of all the outstanding and issued shares of Abacus Coal Exploration and Development Corporation (ABACOAL). LIHC and MUSX likewise entered into an Agreement for Joint Investment whereby the investment parameters for such investment into ABACOAL are set forth. Under the Agreements, MUSX shall own 55% of the issued and outstanding capital stock of ABACOAL, while LIHC shall own the remaining 45%. As of December 31, 2008, LIHC is dormant and has no commercial operations. Source: SEC Form 17-A (2008)